Trauma responsive residential service for women
Ophelia House is a Therapeutic Community offering CQC-registered drug and alcohol residential care to women. The service has been developed to meet the needs of women who require abstinence-based residential substance use treatment in a safe and therapeutic environment. Residents stay in a newly redeveloped and refurbished property in the leafy suburbs of Oxford.
The programme, delivered by an all-female staff team, is based on the Therapeutic Community model. Social relationships, daily structures and various activities are deliberately designed to support women’s health and well-being.
Community Members spend their first few weeks in what we call ‘the welcome house’ stage while they settle into their new surroundings. They will then move through the phases for the rest of the programme, which lasts between 3 and 6 months. Community Members are responsible for the day-to-day running of the house and support each other throughout the programme, with more senior Community Members becoming ‘buddies’ for newcomers.
After completing treatment at the residential, people are supported through our structured aftercare support programme.
Our bespoke structured group programme may include a focus on personal and behavioural development interventions, relapse prevention, harm reduction, peer-led groups and meetings, social and community activities, mutual aid and employability.
We provide a 3 to 6-month programme personalised to each resident’s needs. To experience the entire benefits of the programme, six months is recommended.
- Structured one to one sessions with a therapeutic worker
- Structured counselling sessions.
- Bespoke structured group programme
- On site Mental Health Nurse and Psychologist
- Delivery of the Freedom Programme
- Employability support through engagement in a work role to support the running of the house and programme.
- Access to complementary therapies and A range of social activities.
- On site delivery of our Recovery Through Nature Programme
- Family and significant others can visit the service weekly. This is on agreement with management and all visits are appropriately risk assessed
- Accommodation for up to 22 residents in single rooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Accessible bedrooms rooms with ensuite wet rooms – please speak to us about your specific accessibility needs
- Senior move-on accommodation on-site
- Large, fully equipped kitchen and dining area
- Purpose-built group space
- On-site leisure activities may include art therapy, yoga, cooking & baking, board games and books. TV/DVD and stereo equipment are available in the Lounge Room.
- Off-site activities may include hiking, access to local leisure centres and activities, and art classes.
- Large mature garden space for outdoor activities and our Recovery Through Nature programme
- Discharge planning and completion of a Leavers pack prior to discharge.
- Ongoing referral to support agencies as required.
- An opportunity to attend Aftercare support through the graduate support programme and/or peer supporter roles.
- Naloxone provision
Adult Rehab: 26 Female en suite rooms